apriCOTS and TOTS
We felt one with nature as we harvested the apricots from the tree.
Step 1. Picking the apricots
Step 2. Washing and pitting the apricots
We had quite the fun little group of helpers!
Milly & Sophi were hard little workers when it came to pitting the apricots!
Sophi would not back down- she worked till the job was done:
Step 3. DOinG SoMethINg with the apricots...
*Homemade Fruit Leather:
Puree them, and pour them on a black garbage bag to dry out in the sun
(& we covered ours to keep the bugs out)
(& we covered ours to keep the bugs out)
*We thought we'd get creative & hang dry some Apricots:
*Or just make some Apricot Jam?!
To sum it all up, this Apricot Adventure with our kids all sounded real fun, but by the end, it really ended up being the PITS...
THE END!!!




Looks fun! I have been canning beans at my house, not so fun! Can't wait till the raspberries are on, so I can make jam.
ReplyDeleteCute post. Looks like tonz of fun. I think is sucks doing all the work but it sure does pay off and I love it. That had to of takin you more than one day?
ReplyDeleteI just commented on Jaime's blog about how cool you guys are. I need to have a girl so I can come have some girl parties with ya! We have our 2nd boy on the way. I'm excited but do need a princess apricot bum!
ReplyDeleteClassic. That second pic still has me laughing. You are still very ambitious I see. Cute kiddies too!
ReplyDeleteMegan, Hey old friend this is Emily Lowry, now Thornton! You have the cutest kids ever!!! I talked to Mikey Peterson today and he gave me your blog address. You look like you are keeping busy and having a blast. Anyway just wanted to say hi!!
ReplyDeleteDarling girl and mama extrordinar! You have made your Aunt B's day -JOYFUL!
ReplyDelete