CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 13, 2011

You Know You're A Mother When



So I've been having some great and terrible mother moments as of late.
I thought I could spiral into a depressed oblivion.  I could find a nice hole to live in where no one could ask me to do something for them.  I could runaway to a dreamy deserted island with palm trees or I could just write a few words about how much motherhood inspires me.


No, let's try some humor shall we...


YOU KNOW YOU'RE A MOTHER WHEN


You are wrestling a baby around like a calf in a rodeo just to get his diaper on.


You are pinning a 3 year old against the wall like a prisoner, so he doesn't touch his poop smeared bum.


You are fighting with a 4 year old about what clothes to wear (yes 4 not 14, I'm in trouble).


You go to bed only to find a few small toys tucked cozily in with you.


You are up at night with a nightmare, cougher, vomiter, bed wetter and/or a teether sometimes all in the same night.


You have to debate what hygiene is the most necessary for survival.


You decide maybe a baby wipe will have to do for a shower today.


Your work out includes bringing laundry up the stairs, vacuuming and picking up toys.


You find yourself rocking when not even holding a child.


You notice you can manage mulitiple children's schedules at once.


You can breastfeed, talk on the phone, break up a fight, send an email, all while dinner and laundry are in the works.


You walk around in a brain fog and yet still manage to keep yourself and several children alive.


You are the cause of road rage only because you are playing waitress while also driving your mini-van.


You find yourself day dreaming of bedtime for you and your children.


You long for the days that you could wake up and decide what "You" want to do today.


You go to playgroup for your social interaciton and not just for the kids to play.


Your conversations include unending questions that leave you whirling, with hopes you've got the right answers.


You find chicken nuggets or mac and cheese are the usual lunch special.


You find any high pitched squeal, scream or squawk turns you into a monster mom.


You have to sneak a treat so as not to have to share with all the other mouths in the house.


You are at a store and are asked can I help you, you think, "You mean you are going to do something for me..."


You clean up more food off the ground, then off your own dinner plate.


You say everything you promised yourself you would never say when you were a mom.


You ask, "why did I do this to myself having all these kids?"


You wake up and go to sleep in the same clothes multiple days in a row.


You go into a store only to wish you had never entered the doors or left the house for that matter.


You know and talk more about poop than you ever wanted to, even at the the dinner table.


You are awaken by voices of children as your alarm clock.


You have to lock yourself in the bathroom to get a conversation in on the telephone.


You use the word "potty" instead of bathroom, even when surrounded by adults.


You can't seem to find a moment to go to the "potty" by yourself.


You buckle in more children in more safety seats more times a day than there are seat belts in a jumbo jet.


You leave the house by yourself and feel naked without an huge over-packed bag, baby in your arms or child at your side.


You are blessed to serve wonderful, yet needy children, who love you more than anything else on the earth.  Despite the whines, tattles, screeches - I LOVE THEM.   There are a lot of hugs, kisses, gifts, laughs...The moments that make it all worth it.


YOU KNOW YOUR A MOTHER WHEN YOU SACRIFICE ALL YOUR TIME, ENERGY, STRENGTH, SLEEP AND WORRY TO LOVE AND CARE FOR YOUR CHILDREN...ohhhh!




The Woman Behind the Magic...
I keep things running around here and here I am hard at work.
I am still being a mother and making life happen at the Wiseman home.  Sophia snapped this picture while we were getting dinner ready.  

6 comments:

  1. Exactly what I have been thinking lately.Nice to know I am not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can so relate to all of those. A nice hole to climb in and not be bothered sounds wonderful. Here's one....do you ever feel like you are grocery shopping with baby goats? I do. I promise in just a short while you are going to feel a load lifted off your shoulders...hang in there. You will still be busy, but a different kind of busy. I feel like I have a little bit of a life back, even though it's a new normal. And this is why I am so SCARED to think about another one. GOod thing they are so loveable and worth all of it. Love YOu! I had so much fun visiting with you last weekend...can't wait for Zion in August!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, thank you for posting this. I needed some laughs, and these are SO true. We are all there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are all so true!! you took the words right out of my mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen. You are all amazing and you are so lucky to have the cutest kids to drive you crazy and hug and kiss.

    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Megan, this is Jill (Bruun) Elies. I'm really interested in more details of your birth experience. This is my 3rd baby, first natural birth, and Kayli directed me to your blog. It looks to me from your pictures like you went to the better birth clinic (bella natal) in Orem, am I right? That's really what I want to know more about, I'm in the middle of making the decision to birth there or one other clinic. Would you mind emailing me or calling me? jillelies@comcast.net, (801)380-7384.

    ReplyDelete