CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 5, 2011

May Flowers

 APRIL SHOWERS HAVE BROUGHT 
MAY FLOWERS TO OUR HOUSE
We have ditched all this plastic made in china junk 
to seek natural god-made goodness. 
(Photo Provided By Sophia, made me think, 
why do I keep this stuff around?)

Sophia the Florist
Who knew collecting weeds would make such a beautiful bouquet
Sophia picked and arranged these herself, she is gifted.
Gabe The Flower Collector
  especially the dandelions, 
(his dad really appreciates him delivering them directly to his lawn)  
he rarely passes one without picking it.   
Sophia and Gabe love all the flowering trees too.  
They were excited to find we have one in our very own yard 
(lower branches are now bare).

Liam the Explorer
This cutie is going to have fun this summer 
learning about the outside world.  
With all this collecting we have two special vases for them
to change and arrange as new flowers are picked.
We went on a walk and found bees buzzing in these flowers.
Liam found treasures hiding in Sophie's basket. 


We decided to try to press some of the flowers we found.  
The pressed flowers turned out pretty good.  
So we made some fun cards and art with them.
With all this flower excitement we had to go to the library
 to get some books on flowers my favorite one was called, 
The Reason For A Flower by Ruth Heller. 


The kids enjoyed helping me pick out flowers and plant them in pots around our house.
I have always loved flowers.  My mom has told me a story of when I was about Sophia's age.  I came to her and asked, "Mom can we have just one pot of flowers?"  I loved the flowers then and still can't help but love them now.  I walk into our local plant store and I feel I've walked into heaven.  The smell, the colors, the living thriving goodness of life.  I am rejuvenated.   Heaven is full of plants and flowers I'm sure of it.  
Now here is one pot of flowers at our house.    
The goal is to keep them alive.
I'm still working on that part, I guess it takes more

 then just loving them to keep them growing. 
(That goes for kids too, not just plants)
Liam thought that the flower pots
 were just the thing to keep him busy.  
My children are a joy and I love teaching about the world around them.  
With all the beautiful things God has given us to enjoy like flowers.  

Just like the song I sing to my children...
MY HEAVENLY FATHER LOVES ME 

Whenever I hear the song of a bird
Or look at the blue, blue sky,
Whenever I feel the rain on my face
Or the wind as it rushes by,
Whenever I touch a velvet rose
Or walk by our lilac tree,
I’m glad that I live in this beautiful world
Heav’nly Father created for me.

He gave me my eyes that I might see
The color of butterfly wings.
He gave me my ears that I might hear
The magical sound of things.
He gave me my life, my mind, my heart:
I thank him rev’rently
For all his creations, of which I’m a part.
Yes, I know Heav’nly Father loves me.

1 comment:

  1. You're already homeschooling! That's all it is, looking around, finding books about the stuff that is interesting or fun and exploring ;o)

    xoxox Loved seeing you guys this weekend!

    ReplyDelete