CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 30, 2011

Hike Day


HIKE DAY
This was a spontaneous hike to a letter on our mountain.   We noticed it and wanted to scale the hills to reach it.  So we packed up the crew and found a trail that could take us there.  On our way up Gabe turned around and looked across the valley and said, "I can see the whole world."  He could really see  his whole world up there.  It was a beautiful view.   This reminds me of something Sophia said when we went up the canyon on a picnic.  She said, "this looks like art".   These are great descriptions of beautiful landscapes.   Well, back to the hike it, was long and tiring.  We just kept trekking forward.  The last push to the top was the hardest.  We nearly lost Gabe he was crying, Sophia was determined and Liam just held on for the ride.   I kept telling the kids, you can do this even though it is hard.   The letter was a little disappointing.  It was tattered and torn, but we made it there.  We were all worn out and happy to get back down the mountain.  I thought we may have ruined hiking for the kids, but a couple days later the asked to go hiking again.  That's right-WE CAN DO HARD THINGS.  I say do hard things, it builds strength and confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment