CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Surfs Up Dude


SURFER DUDE
Casey and I got the chance to go surfing together. It was so sweet! Doesn't he look so hot holding a surf board and sporting a great farmers tan. That's from all the gardening, how can a Utah boy help it. He did really well surfing and got up a few times. I know he was singing to himself,
"Do you love me, do you surfer girl?, waaoooo!"
It was so fun being in the ocean together, one of the few romantic moments of this crazy filled family trip.
SURFER GIRL
So now for my experiences in the waves. Yes, that is me almost standing upright on the board, yeaaah!
I felt so young and free out in the ocean.
It brought me back to my crazy days, when I'd try anything. The ocean is like the ultimate therapy especially since I was about to go insane dragging two kids around on "vacation".
Surfing and jumping in the waves made me feel like me again. Not just a mom or a wife, but Megan and it is a beautiful thing to feel that way every once in awhile. I need more moments like this in my life. The actual surfing was great too. I got some lessons from my uncle and then he set me out on my own. It was amazing, I got up a few times even. One time even long enough to raise my arms and scream in victory for about 2 seconds. Only to be pummeled by the relentless ocean waves. The ocean is beautiful and yet brutal.


1 comment:

  1. Megan I love these pictures, What a fun moment. love you...Whit:)

    ReplyDelete