CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 10, 2009

First Time at the Beach




After the longest ride of their life (mine too), Sophia and Gabe got to see the ocean. They were both a little wery of it at first. We had talked and read about it for weeks and this was it. I don't think they were it expecting it to be so big and loud. It took some time, but eventually they touched the water. Running from it was preferred, especially after Sophia got seaweed wrapped around her leg. Gabe and Sophia became master sand movers. Sophia especially, it was said that she moved almost every piece of sand on the beach. Gabe did great until nap time hit. Then he would throw a great fit and roll in the sand, getting sand all over. Once during lunch he created a delicious "sandwich" by dipping it in the sand. Lesson learned, best beach food is snacks you only have to touch once and eat .
Oh how fun it was watching them experience the ocean for the first time.


Playing In The Sand Together with Dad, Mom and Cousins.




Casey and Sophia would go to the beach in the morning to collect seashells. It was such a sweet thing to watch and wonderful experience for Sophi.
Gabe liked digging with daddy.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, when did you get a blog? I stumbled across yours from tauna's. I love the beach too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute!! I love the beach, that's partly why I moved here to Cali....which by the way, when were you here and where? I would've loved to see you guys.

    ReplyDelete