CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

25 Random Things

I wrote this on my facebook and thought I would be fun to put on here too.
Here are 25 random things about me...

1. Let's start with food that is always good. I like pie and ice cream. I don't have birthday cake, I have pumpkin pie.

2. I love listening to good music. I'm very into the lyrics and the meaning of songs.
Some genres I like are classical, church, christmas, country, classic rock, jazzy, acoustic. Pretty much anything but heavy metal or rap. Norah Jones, Allison Krauss and Jack Johnson are some of my favorites artists.

3. I like expressing myself through writing. I have always loved journaling and poetry. I have even written a few songs. I don't do this enough anymore, but is a joy and passion.

4. I learned Spanish in elementary. I was in an immersion program. My books and homework were in Spanish. We had to talk in Spanish in our class.

5. I love the outdoors. When ever I need to relax I go outside. Rain, snow, shine. I love it all. Take me camping, hiking, or just on a walk around the block.

6. Exercise makes me feel good. I love running, biking and swimming. I did a triathlon and want to do another one someday. Dancing around the house with my kids is a great work out too.

7. I taught Third grade for two years. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done. Let's just say I learned a lot, but now I'm glad I have my own students at home to teach everyday. I love teaching them and watching them discover new things.

8. I met my husband at Utah State University. I love Logan still and miss it. We would like to retire or live in Cache Valley again sometime. Good memories there.

9. I like Mexican Food. I could eat anything wrapped in a tortilla. Enchiladas, burritos, tacos. Salsa, beans, rice, guacamole... it's all good to me.

10. I am way into preparedness now. I've been working on my food storage for a year now. It has become a big part of my life. I'm a provident living specialist in my ward now. I love learning all there is to know about it. We grind wheat and bake our bread in a solar oven at least once a month. Sprouting is a new fun thing I've recently learned to do.

11. I am way into healthy living now too. I think taking care of our bodies is soooo important. I am discovering my inner chef. I like to try new recipes and put meals together with what I have around the house. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. Since I'm trying to eat healthier, healthy recipes are now my new challenge. Doesn't mean that I don't like my treats now and then. I like making those too.

12. I have been on a political journey this past year and discovered a lot about myself and my true beliefs. I feel it is really important to focus on principles and not all the politics. I am studying the constitution and what this nation was founded on. I believe the problem with our nation is that we need to get back to these basic principles that we seem to be ignoring.

13. I love the colors red and yellow.

14. I want to start studying, well everything, but I have to take one thing at a time. I love learning and want to know it all. Right now I want to study holistic therapy. How to use the natural things to care for our bodies.

15. I love plants. I have since I was little. When I has four I asked my mom if we could plant one pot of flowers in our yard. Now I have several around my house. My husband and I want to someday have a lot of land and grow a big garden, with a small orchard and even a green house. Some small animals would be cool too, like chickens or goats.

16. I want to visit New Zealand and Australia. Hopefully we could see Hugh Jackman or Jim Craig!! Two fine men from two great shows set in Australia. One of which is possibly my favorite movie, "The Man From Snowy River".

17. I have a slight fear of deep water and sea creatures. Yet I love to swim, ironic. I just can't think to much about what may be lurking below.

18. Two of my favorite shows are Man vs. Wild and Survivor. I think it is because I have a secret wish to be on survivor or at least try to survive on a deserted island. I think Bear Grylls is awesome, of course he would have to be with me.

19. This is getting tough. I can be obsessive about things. When there's a project or task that I want to get done, I can't rest until it is done. I like lists and crossing things off of them. I like to think I am semi-organized, at least I try to be.

20. I like to reduce, reuse, recycle. I need to be better at this, but try to find ways to reuse things in my home and recycle where I can.

21. One thing that irritates me is when the bottom of my pants drag on the ground. I have to roll up my pants.

22. I love non-fiction books. Anything that teaches me something. Recently read a book about natural cures. I also like watching movies and documentaries. I'm currently trying to finish a series about John Adams.

24. I like to sing and play the piano. Not a pro at either, but it is fun to pretend I am. Need to do this more.

25. I am turning into more of a home-body. I love my house and my family. Good note to end on. I have 4 sisters and adore all of them. My family is the most important thing of all. I love my husband and kids, they are wonderful and bless my life daily.

God Bless All of You!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment