CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Camping with Friends


Camping in the Uintah Mountains.
This wanna-be hike was more like a walk. We were all dreaming of great hiking trips we could take someday without kids in tow. With all of us carrying our children, it made me sympathetic for the pioneers.


The best toys are rocks, dirt and sticks.


Cute Little Campers.
They loved running around the camp and exploring the great outdoors.
I loved being away from the "real" world.
Up in the mountains there is a peace that calms the soul and invigorates the mind. I feel more connected to my Creator and I am filled with appreciation for my family and blessings.



Audry, Sophi, Strat, Gabe
In a wooden playpin we rigged up for them

We are pretty resourceful, huh. No it was for horses, but worked well for the kids too.



These are our friends, we are so glad they live close to us again.
We took a drive to a gorgeous waterfall. It took a little restraint for me not to just jump in the water. In my younger days I wouldn't have thought twice, but now I have two little ones and one big one to worry about.


Sean and Hollee with their cute boy Stratten. He was so nice the whole trip, Stratten not Sean. Although I was impressed with how well behaved Sean was too.
Thanks y'all, for the great camping trip.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you have been having a fun summer and you still have time for some serious blogging! I love the picture of you and Casey when you were dating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found the blog. This is kind of scary. I googled yours and casey's names along with your last name and it came up through kieth coombs' blog crazy huh! That was a way fun camping trip. I'm so glad Stratten and Sean were well behaved children. We should go again sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to go camping so bad. How fun!

    ReplyDelete