CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 19, 2011

Dog Sledding






ALASKAN DOG SLEDDING
This was a last minute decision to try dog sledding.  We figured this was a unique Alaskan experience.  These group of dogs are trained for the famous Iditarod Dog Race.  It is a race, over 1000 miles,  across Alaskan frontier in cold and dangerous conditions.  Something I never want to do and I am amazed at those who do it.  It was neat learning how they train and prepare for the race.   Dog sledding was a good experience.  I can imagine it being more exciting in the snow.  

1 comment:

  1. Such a cool trip and cool memories. There are some cool books at the library about the Iditarod Race. One is about a a blind women who succeeded with the race. I'll send you a couple of titles.
    MOM
    Oh, what a good looking couple, I take credit for some of that.

    ReplyDelete