CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Pinecreek Slot Canyon












PINECREEK CANYON 
ZION NATIONAL PARK
Casey, Megan, Leslie, Danny and Matt went on an adventure down Pinecreek slot canyon.  We were hoping that we would'nt get stuck there for 127 hours or something wild like that.  Once you enter the canyon you are commited to repel multiple times and swim through cold murky water.  This is something I have always wanted to do, but once we started I was nervous.  It has been a long time since I've done something this extreme.  Each repel was led by Matt and all of us followed.  Casey was our designated photographer.  I was the designated scaredy cat.  Wading through cold waters was chilling in a shadowy canyon.  Repelling was a rush and we were praying the rope and chains would hold.   All of us helped each other along the way.  When you hike with people you get to know them well, especially when you have to rely on each other for safety.  We had a great ol' time too.  By the end the elements seemed to get to us and we got a bit goofy.  We were posing for photos and having some good laughs.   The last repel was a beast, my guess 100 feet.  Wow, I was happy to get my feet on solid ground again.  The best part was at the end there was an oasis of water.  We jumped off the cliffs into the cool waters.  It was great since the hike outside the canyon was hot and sandy.  A great reward for a long hike through the canyon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment