PICKING WILD ALASKAN BLUEBERRIES
This was a spontaneous idea. We found our up the canyon into a green valley covered in wild blueberries. We began picking and got lost in the moment. We stayed for a couple of hours. Every time we would say, "should we go?", we would find another great blueberry bush to help fill our bags. It was therapeutic and addicting at the same time. Picking berries made me understand why it costs a bundle for blueberries. It is a lot of work just to get a few berries. I was imagining how it would have been to live in the time of the hunter-gatherer. I was also hoping that there were no bears thinking our blueberry patch looked appetizing. On our way out we spot a mother moose and her two babies up on the mountain side. What a memorable day in this beautiful blueberry filled Alaskan Valley. |
So peaceful. I'm glad you both were able to go on this trip and it was fun to be with your three little bears while you were gone.
ReplyDeleteMOM