RIDE TO REMEMBER
HIGHLIGHT of the trip on was on HORSE BACK
We mounted our fearless steeds to ride through the Alaskan forests and ford the coastal waters. We got more then we bargained for on this ride. It was rainy so we were the only people crazy enough to still go out and ride. The other tourist canceled, a little rain never scared us much. Fortunately for us we toughed it out with our 10 dollar rain suits because this ride was definitely the high light of the trip. Along the way we encountered 2 baby black bears climbing up a tree. Casey was the first to spot them. Our guide pretty much saved our lives. We were like, "oh cool". He was like, "oh no". He told us to keep riding. He flipped around and headed straight for a mother bear standing ready to charge us. As we continued down the trail we heard him yelling at her. My heart was pounding. I was sure glad to be on a horse and to have a guide with experience and a gun. Our bear spray and city slicker experience would have made for a very different outcome. He spooked the mama bear away and came back to us. A few minutes later right in front of us there was another mother black bear and her cub. They ran off into the woods. We kept our eyes and ears alert. Wow 5 bears in one day. That was a enough bear spotting for me. The rest of the ride was more calm, but still awesome! I've seen red, white and brown sand, but I have never seen black sandy beaches before. Also, everywhere we went there were multiple eagles perched or soaring around us. We loved riding through the ocean inlets, making sure not to soak or legs and boots. We saw salmon making their way up the streams. Oh and we mustn't forget the gorgeous landscape. Unforgetable experience and I am glad I got to share it with my man. (And my new hero "Alaskan guide man"...sad I don't even remember his name). Oh but my horses name was Orca. I thought that was a perfect Alaskan horse name since it was black and white and we had just seen several on our cruise.




I am loving all these pictures!! You guys look like you had so much fun, and Alaska look very cool. Dan would love it there...we will have to ask you all about when we decide to go. Looks like fun:))
ReplyDelete